Testing of Robotic Systems
Challenges and Motivation
- There is no systematic way of generating test scenarios for robot applications.
- Robot applications are generally more complex in the number of scenarios compared to autonomous vehicles.
- Robot vulnerability identification is also a key issue. Nobody worked on this before.
- Non-determinism and Entropy in Robotic Applications/Software
- How effective are traditional coverage-based testing?
- A good metrics to evaluate mutation?
- A good strategy to test robotic applications and software?
- Generating test cases based on tasks and requirements.
- Key insights:
- Coverage testing in robots means both line/function coverage and scenario coverage. Taking exploration task as an example: a good testing scenario should achieve best code coverage rate, while allow the robot to cover all the corner cases in the map.
- Use Turtlebot4 as an example to study.
All articles in this blog are licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 unless stating additionally.